Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

Halloween was yesterday, and I'm sorry I didn't have these up then. I was just too tired by the time we finished getting the kids into bed. Just so that nobody is confused, Carter got to wear two costumes this Halloween: One for the Trunk or Treat, one for Halloween. But these are both from the past few days. McKay only went to the Trunk or Treat, so he only got one costume. But we had plenty to choose from! First from the Trunk or Treat- Carter was Blue from Blue's Clues (all of you with kids know exactly who I mean. For the rest of you, Blue is a dog, in case you can't tell from Carter's costume). McKay was kind of a dragon. It's hard to get the full effect of his costume in pictures because you see him straight on, but those orange spikes were much cuter in real life.
Here's the first picture in a long time of Suzanne. I don't know how I convinced her to pose but I'm glad I did.
McKay is normally very sweet, but when our nest egg was stolen, we were shocked by a blurry picture captured by our security camera.
Although this concerned us, we were much more concerned when McKay began a terrifying transformation on Halloween night... Into a vicious, belt-biting Were-Beast! The horror! No one is safe!
Carter and I went Trick or treating that night, and he loved it! For Halloween, I went as a doctor and he was a box of crayons. At first he was just confused, but after 2 doors he saw the pattern and started running between apartment buildings! He practiced his "Trick or treat" after ringing the doorbells (it sounded more like "choo choo train" to me) but when the door opened he forgot his line and just stuck his hand out. Sometimes he said, "Eat it," but "trick or treat" was forgotten. He became bolder as the night went on, and I had to stop him from running into houses as soon as the door opened. He grabbed at the candy bowls and took more than he was offered and I had to apologize at more than one door.
All in all, we had a great Halloween, and we hope that all of you did too. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great costumes! I wish I could've seen Carter trick or treating- I would've given him the whole bowl! I love you guys!