Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers' Day at the Stables

For those who read this post already, Suzanne asked me to add more pictures. Scroll down to see the updates.

For Fathers' Day we met our friend Gloria and her daughter Allison so the boys could ride horses again. It was Carter's third time, and McKay's first! In the past he was too afraid, but the trick was to not try to make him ride all by himself. McKay didn't want to get near them at first, but I climbed up and he allowed Suzanne to lift him onto my lap. Here's Suzanne and McKay a little later on Blue, with Allison adjusting the stirrups. Here's a video of Carter, being walked by Gloria. She was really patient with him, even obliging when he started giving commands: "Fast! Now stop! Now fast!"

Sorry you can't see his face. He had his hood up the whole time and there are no pictures where he doesn't look like a Jedi.

I was busy looking stupid - Gloria was trying to teach me to run on her black horse, Pixie, and I "accidentally" deleted a long video of me making kissing noises and shouting "Giddy-up!" while the horse walked in lazy circles and the onlookers shouted something about ballet dancing. Fortunately we did manage to get this ego-saving gem. Sorry about the sound - Newport is a windy city.



No comments: